Explore Sri Lanka, the crown jewel of Asia's travel experiences and one of the must-see destinations out there for 11 days of bliss. Venture deep into The Land once known as Ceylon and uncover its glory with visits to jaw-dropping beautiful sites including Koggala, Tangalle Koutugoda, Kalugala Monastery & Make Ella Fall among others in the mysterious lands of Sri Lanka.
Upon arriving at Colombo International airport you will meet up with our representative who will assist you and accompany you to your hotel in Bentota.
On the second day of your adventure in Sri Lanka, we will kick off things as usual with some local delicious breakfast and start the city tour.
Today we will be visiting the following venues: Makeli Ella, Fa-Hsien Cave & Kalugala Monastery before we head back to the hotel in the evening.
This day is all about exploring both the natural and city aspects of Koggola. We will be wondering around as we uncover aromatic tea plantations & breathtakingly beautiful view. There are some other optional activities for you wishing to enrich your day even more.
The first is all about water sports. The activities you can experience range from diving to fishing, with four kilometres of Bentota's sandy bay at your service.
The second optional activity is bird watching. Koggola is home to exotic and beautiful birds. You have the option to explore either activity you fell up to before our retreat back to the hotel.
Early breakfast meal followed by a drive towards Galle, where upon arrival you will be checked into your hotel & have a chance to go sightseeing and experience the best it has to offer such as the Galle Fort. Tea Trial, Gall Lighthouse & numerous Temples.
Today is a totally free day where you will take full command and determine how to make the best of the day. here are some available Optional activities to inspire you:
- Whale Watching: Get a chance to witness the most majestic and biggest inhabitants of the Sea, whales and one of the seas most adorable inhabitant, bottle-nosed & Spinner Dolphins. Another activity of a similar nature would be a two hour Boat trip on Koggala lake including visits to Alathuduwa Temple Island, & a Spice Garden visit along the way. While on teh way back, you will get to meet a couple who not only plant but harvest cinnamon as the boat crosses the lake to dock and you then take a tuk-tuk back to the hotel
- Udawalawe National Park: The great thing about the park is that although it was established back in 1972 and covers almost 129 square miles in terms of Ground, the park is home to a herd of 250 elephants, including many other mammals and birds.
- Bike Ride: Let's have some exercise, shall we? seize the opportunity to stay active, soak in some fresh air as you experience Sri Lanka in all its glam and Beauty with the ride concluding at Wijaya for a swim and a cocktail if your feeling like it.
- Cookery Class: Any foodies or aspiring chefs there? great, then this will be perfect for you. Learn more about the famous Rice and curry combination of Sri Lanka as you attend a cookery class as you get instructed in recipe handed down from generation to the next under the guidance of our Cooks and prepare an irresistible meal.
Its the sixth day of your Sri Lanka adventure and time for a drive to our next stop the city of Tangalle.
Once arriving in Tangalle, you will be escorted to your hotel for an overnight stay.
Another day where you will be determining how to spend the day. Here are some local activities that are worth checking out if your not one for staying in your hotel room:
- Mulgirigala Rock Temple: An isolates temple with a butte towering at 210 metres from the forest floor
- Tea Plantation visit: Learn about the island’s history of tea growing from Amanwella’s own experts over an afternoon cup, or visit the plantations with a guide. Learn more about the roots and history of tea growing in Sri Lanka from Amanwella’s own experts as you enjoy a warm cup of tea or explore the plantations alongside your guide.
- Exploring the Village and the traditional art studios of the village is also a great way to spend the day, Last but not least you can always get a massage or other body treatments via all-natural products at the hotel spa.
Once you've had a chance to enjoy your breakfast the day will be yours to spend at your own leisure whether its something as calm as Turtle Watching to more adventures feats such as diving or simply just relaxing at the Hotel
Its time to hit the beach and what better time is there than the present.
Once we are at the beach you will have the chance to bath in its rejuvenating waters, sunbathe, swim, surf & snorkel in the near villages such as Mawella, Seenimodera, Pallikaduwe & Medilla.
We will continue our journey as we drive to our next stop Negombo for a later check-in into your hotel.
If you don't feel that you want to spend the rest of the day in your hotel room you could check out the Rejuvenating treatments of the Ayurveda therapists. They are a collection of signature massages, rubs, scrubs & wraps all blending Asian techniques with a flavour of Ayurveda. Another option would be the shiatsu session, a cleansing facial or a herbal compress.
After breakfast you will be transferred to Colombo airport to take the flight back home. End of the tour.